Nationwide 1031 Exchange Career Opportunities
Monday, July 9, 2018
Are you a customer service focused professional seeking a career opportunity in the 1031 Exchange Qualified Intermediary industry? If so, we invite you to contact us to discuss a challenging and rewarding position with the most innovative and aggressive tax-deferred financial services company of its kind. Applicants must have superior customer service skills.
The following positions are located in the company's national corporate headquarters office located at 404 Camino del Rio South, Suite 600, San Diego, CA 92108, unless otherwise stated.
Trust Operations Manager (Immediate Opening)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Ensure that the Trust Operations Department consistently delivers superior client service and maintains high-quality service standards for its internal and external clients.
- Possess strong judgment, ethics, morals and decision-making skills with superior attention to accurate information and details.
- Directly supervise and strategically build the Trust Operations Department as the company grows and expands its products and services.
- Operate effectively in a fast paced, growth oriented, team focused, and transformational environment and be ready to support trust administration in the delivery of a variety of products and services.
- Manage and oversee trust and tax accounting and recordkeeping; trust operations systems; banking relationships; securities processing, clearing, settlement and servicing; cash management, and dual control/internal controls, and daily reconcilements.
- Possess a general understanding and working knowledge of principal and income accounting.
- Prepare and file all regulatory reports, including preparation of the Division of Banking Fiduciary Reports and/or Call Reports.
- Manage and oversee corporate banking relationships, cash management and accounts payables and receivables.
- Draft, maintain and monitor all company risk management policies, procedures, business continuity plans, best practices, and insurance coverages, including the company Fidelity Bond, Errors & Omissions Insurance, Directors & Officers insurance, workers compensation and general liability insurance.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and best practices for the Trust Operations Department to ensure compliance with all Federal, state and local statutes, regulations and rules in collaboration with the Board Trust Committee and the Board Audit Committee.
- Develop, continuously review, update/revise, and implement the necessary technology and processing systems to ensure an efficient, automated, paperless, accurate, and transparent Trust Operations Department, including trust accounting software, integration with the centralized cloud-based storage technologies and Microsoft Office 365 systems through collaboration with the senior management team.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of trust company policies, procedures and best practices and in collaboration with the senior management team ensure that all employees are in compliance.
- Provide guidance and direction to Trust Operations Department team members for their professional development and continuing education.
Qualified applicants should have a minimum of five (5) years of direct supervisory or management level experience, or a minimum of ten (10) years of trust operations/accounting experience.
Bachelor’s degree is a plus, but not required. Direct experience in trust operation functions such as trust accounting, trust systems, bank relationships, securities settlement, asset valuations, internal controls, compliance and regulatory reporting is required for this position. Experience in 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges, Self-Directed IRAs, or custody accounts specializing in Alternative Investments (non-traded investments such as real estate, real estate related assets and other non-traded assets), is a huge plus for this position.
Business Development/Sales Positions (Immediate Openings Nationwide)
- Southwest, South, Southeast, and Northeast
Responsibilities include intensive client relationship management, aggressive strategic sales planning to identify, contact and build new client relationships, pricing authority to achieve assigned revenue targets, active promotional and educational speaking and some travel.
Requirements include sales or marketing experience in one of the following fields: 1031 tax-deferred exchange, tax, legal, escrow services, title insurance or real estate.
Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and negotiation and presentation skills. Superior client relationship-building and consultative sales skills are an absolute must.
Sales, Business Development and Branch Manager positions are available throughout the United States and office location will depend on regional territory assigned.
We are actively looking for Business Development Representaives located in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area and Los Angeles/Orange County area.
Executive Assistant to CEO
This position provides high-level administrative support to the President and Chief Executive Officer, Senior Vice President and executive management team by coordinating project management, conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings for executives. Requires prior experience in any of the following areas; 1031 exchange, escrow, title, real estate, tax, accounting or legal fields. Minimum 5+ years experience in Administrative position reporting to senior management.
Successful candidate will be highly self-motivated, professional and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment with a strong attention to detail and accuracy. Excellent client service, critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are needed. The ability to exercise and maintain complete confidentiality and discretion is mandatory.
Position requires the ability to perform math, general bookkeeping and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, statement reconcilements, computation of fee quotes, discounts, interest, commissions and percentages. Applicant must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook as well as Adobe Acrobat software required. Must be experienced in working in a paperless environment. Experience with Salesforce.com CRM or other comparable CRM system is necessary.
(Immediate Opening) - Bilingual is a Plus
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing superior customer service support to the 1031 Exchange Administration Group, which includes answering and directing calls through a multi-line, multi-company telephone system, heavy client contact, heavy client relationship management ("CRM") system input, handling and sorting daily mail, fax and email transmissions, responding to client inquiries via letter or email, mailing sales and marketing material as needed, proofreading correspondence, filing, ordering office supplies, answering basic 1031 Exchange questions when able, and any other requests that may be asked of the person.
Plus would be a bilingual candidate - be fluent in English and Spanish. Experience in either 1031 Exchange, real estate, escrow, title insurance, tax, accounting or legal is a plus, but is not required. Advanced computer skills required. Candidates must possess excellent client service, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a positive can do attitude.
(Immediate Opening) - Bilingual is a Plus
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, proficiency in 1031 Exchange rules and regulations, the ability to clearly and accurately answer client questions both verbally and in writing, handle inquiry calls for services, process transactional documents pertaining to 1031 Exchanges. Administration of all paperwork involved in the 1031 Exchange process, and any other requests that may be asked of the candidiate.
Qualifications include experience in either 1031 Exchange, real estate, escrow, title, tax, accounting or legal. Advanced computer skills required - must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and have experience with robust CRM software. Experience with Trust Accounting Software is a Plus. Must possess the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment, and be deadline and detail-oriented. Candidates must possess excellent client service, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a positive can-do attitude. A Plus would be a bilingual candidate - fluent in English and Spanish.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing superior customer service support to/for the Marketing and Business Development Department of the 1031 Exchange Group, which includes answering client calls, heavy client contact, heavy client relationship management ("CRM") system input, cold calling, client follow up, email marketing, social media, monitoring and following up on new business opportunities, new lead generation, fax and email transmissions, responding to client inquiries via letter or email, mailing sales and marketing material as needed, proofreading correspondence, filing, answering 1031 Exchange questions when able, and any other requests that may be asked of the person.
Must be fluent in English. Second language is a plus, but is not required. Experience in either 1031 Exchange, real estate, escrow, title insurance, tax, accounting or legal is a plus, but is not required. Advanced computer skills required. Candidates must possess excellent client service, critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a positive can do attitude.
Compensation and Benefits
Exeter 1031 Exchange Services, LLC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with the professional’s experience and customer service skills, including medical benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan with both traditional pre-tax and Roth after-tax contribution options, enhanced vacation and sick day benefits and flexible work time and annual company trips. Exeter 1031 Exchange Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Interested candidates should send their resumes, references and salary history and requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (619) 852-1572. Qualifying candidates that possess the requirements outlined above and the mandatory superior client service skills will be contacted for a phone interview.
back to top